Tips for Growing Strawberry OG
Whether you’re just getting started with cannabis cultivation or have already mastered the craft, you’ll want to minimize the work as much as possible. If you wish to do this, indoor grow tent kits are an excellent option for you since they include all of the necessary equipment in one package. Purchasing these items separately is time-consuming while buying an indoor grow tent kit comprises everything in one purchase. In addition, putting it up takes roughly an hour or two, allowing you to get started indoors farming right away.
When picking the perfect grow tent size, you must first determine how big a space you require and the number of cannabis plants it can accommodate. When growing four to six Strawberry OG, which grows between 150 to 200 cm, a 4′ x 4′ grow tent is ideal. This will give ample breathing room because they may be arranged in two rows of two to three plants.
Moreover, a high ceiling height is beneficial. It protects cannabis plants from burning due to over-heated light fixtures and provides enough room for fans, ducting, and air filters. In addition, a decent grow tent must also be heat resistant, thick, reflective, and sturdy with iron poles that can carry hanging lights, pieces of ventilation equipment, and cannabis plants. A large door opening, window for viewing, vent, and removable floor trays for collecting water runoff are just a few of the other important features that might be advantageous.
Once you are ready to start, follow these temperature and humidity levels for optimal results:
Seedling Stage. Seedlings benefit from higher humidity levels because they take water in through the leaves while their root systems develop.
- Humidity levels of 65-70%
- Temperature: Daytime around 68-77°F(20-25°C) and dark cycle 8-9 F° lower
Vegetative Stage. With roots now better developed, they can get most of the required water uptake while the leaves cool the plants through evaporation.
- Humidity levels of 40-70% (can be lowered by 5% each week)
- Temperature: Daytime around71-82°F (21-27°C) and dark cycle 8-9 F° lower (may be increased slightly)
- Humidity levels of 40-50% (Should not go more than 60%)
- Temperature: Daytime around68-79°F (20-26°C) and dark cycle 62-72°F (16-22°C)
Late flowering. 1 to 2 weeks before harvest, lowering both humidity and temperature enhances the bag appeal of the buds.
- Humidity levels of 30-40%
- Temperature: Daytime around64-75°F and dark cycle 9-18°F lower
How to lower humidity
- Run the tube vent on higher velocities or upgradeairflow fans to increase fresh air supply.
- Water the plants as soon as the lights are switched on.
- Use a large-capacity dehumidifier.
How to increase humidity
- Mist water with a spray bottle.
- Maintain the surface of the soil moist.
- Hang wet towels in the grow room or place open containers with water in it
- Use a humidifier with a large water tank
How to low temperatures
- Increase the airflow and air exchange in the grow room
- Schedule the dark cycle during the day and the daylight cycle at night
- Use a cool tube if you’re using High-PressureSodium (HPS) lights
- Install an air conditioning unit
How to Increase temperatures
- Use lights with higher wattage
- Have a heating mat at the bottom of your tent
- Use a simple heater with a thermostat